Advanced Resuscitation Techniques [AID]
|Name||Date||Time||Location||Available Spaces||Cost||Single Enrol||Group Enrol|
The aim of the Advance Resuscitation Techniques (ART) course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and application of oxygen, airway management devices, suction and automated external defibrillators during resuscitation.
The Advanced Resuscitation Techniques course provides participants with the skills, knowledge and application of oxygen, airway management devices and automated external defibrillators during resuscitation, as well as the administration of oxygen to conscious and unconscious victims.
To enrol in the Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate participants must first meet the listed requirements:
- The minimum age requirement is at least 15 years of age on the date of final assessment
- Participants must also understand and have current knowledge in the area of basic first aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation
Assessment is through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Follow the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Follow single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- Respond to at least three simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- - Demonstrate safe manual handling techniques
- - Clearing the airway using a suction device
- - Post-incident debrief and evaluation
- - Provide an accurate verbal and written report of the incident